Monday, August 1, 2011

Latest read-Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

I'm probably way behind the times compared to some of the other ladies who blog, but they are just so darn inspirational I had to start my own blog and teach others how to do so. As usual, I take my desires and turn them into things I expect other teachers to teach...well, like blogging. Just wait til I get my hands on that journalism class! Anyway, I'm only about 40 pages into Birthmarked and honestly it's tough to put down. Imagine...you're born at a time when the first three babies born within a month must be "advanced" to the Enclave. Holy Handsmaid's Tail, this is serious and when Gaia (think Gia), a midwife apprentice to her mother is forced take her mother's place after her mother is arrested for "reasons unknown," we are thrown into a mystery. What is the Enclave? Is it really the place where dreams come true, or a mere facade? Since I've just started I can't answer too many questions but I highly suggest you get it from the library, download it to your Nook or just treat yourself to a good old fashioned soft cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment